1. Earlier, the issue type internal id was global among all the projects.
2. However, now in the Jira Cloud each project has the unique the id for the issue type.
Hence, even though the Epic issue type is the same, but the internal id for the Epic is different. Which makes the Epic be treated as a different issue type per project.
1. By when such changes have been implemented in the Jira Cloud?
2. Is there any settings/ configurations through which the user can disable such behavior ?? [can get the same issue type id for all the Projects]
3. is there any documentation, which talks about such Jira Cloud issue type internal ID changes ??
4. Is there any plan to implement such things in the Jira Data Center ?
5. Any other changes in the API or behavior in the JIRA cloud which may affect the functionality?
Are you working with Team Managed projects or Company Managed projects? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
This is normal and by design for Team Managed projects. Team Managed projects are intended for teams that operate autonomously. Each team has the ability to customize their own project. None of the customizations are shared across projects. For this design, all entities within the Team Managed projects must have their own unique identifiers.
For Company Managed projects, most configurable entities are managed by Jira Administrators and can be shared across Company Managed projects. The identifier for the Epic issue type in Company Managed projects should be the same across all Company Managed projects because that issue type is being pulled from a centralized set of configuration options.
If you need to be able to use the Jira API to interact with multiple projects and you need them all to use the same identifiers for "shared" entities, like issue types or status types or custom fields, then you will need to use Company Managed projects.
I've not seen any indication that there is a plan to implement Team Managed projects in the Jira Data Center product.
Hi @AutomationSyncUser - Team-managed projects are intended to be stand alone projects that are separate from all other projects. So an Epic created in that type of project may have a different ID than an Epic issue type created in another Team-managed project.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event