In Progress status on Epic, Edit fields on exercise issue type

Joanna Mae Natial April 15, 2024

Hello, 

I'm working on automation once the epic issue transitions to "In Progress", the Exercise issue will carry over or copy the following field from the epic issue such as the assignee, reporter, project owner, art director/design manager.

below is my current created automation.

can someone help me with this?

screenshot-1713222439550.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hello @Joanna Mae Natial 

How is the Exercise issue related to the Epic? Is it a Child issue of the Epic? Can you provide a screen image of an Epic that shows it has an Exercise issue related to it?

The current rule is not working because this condition is being applied to the issue that triggered the rule - the Epic issue.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.12.44 PM.png

The issue type of the Epic is "Epic", so this condition will never pass.

The rule has to have instructions on how to find the related Exercise issue. We can provide you with guidance on that after you explain to us how the two issue types are related.

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

The exercise is the child issue of the epic, please see the below image the the relation between the epic and exercise issue type.screenshot-1713230693302.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Thank you, @Joanna Mae Natial . That image is helpful.

You need to change your rule to use a "For Each: Related Issues: Children" step.

Within that branch add a Condition to check that the issue type of the Child issue is Exercise (I used Story in my example below).

The add your Edit Issue action to copy information from the Parent issue.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.41.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-15 at 6.42.00 PM.png

Hello @Trudy Claspill ,

I follow your automation, and it works now. Thank you so much!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events