Importing Worklogs via Jira Import csv to Tempo with work attributes

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hi Community Colleagues, 

we are trying to import worklogs via the native csv import but the work attributes special to Tempo are not showing. It's just an initial upload, so Rest API is not the preffered option.

I found several articles within the community about normal csv import and this with the same --> question unanswered  

and this in the --> Tempo Docu 

Any ideas on that? 

Thanks a lot

Nina

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hi @nina_schmidt,

The Tempo documentation you refer to indicates that worklog attributes are not supported by native Jira csv import and that you 'will have to use the Tempo API' in that scenario.

Did you find this Tempo docu page on the topic? It should still allow you to get started from your initial csv file, if I get it well. 

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2020

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

thanks, I saw the link you provided. I was hoping there would be an easier way but perhaps we have to try this. 

2 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi Nina,

if you have the worklogs to be imported in an excel sheet somewhere the easiest way to go forward would be using curl. Means create a curl command for each worklog, copy all curl commands in a text file and run this file from the command line. It will import all your worklogs in batch.

Reach out to me if you need more information in this approach.

BR

0 votes
marton_lipcsik March 12, 2021

Hi @nina_schmidt 

Depending on the amount of worklog records you have to import into JIRA/Tempo, and if you do not have too much records, an alternative solution might be, if you import the worklogs without Tempo custom fileds using the default JIRA CSV import, and after you run a Tempo Logged Time report grouped by worklog, so that you can manually set the missing worklog attributes.

For example, if you have Tempo Account as worklog attribute, than you import worklog via JIRA CSV import without the Account value, and you run the Logged Time report to collect the worklogs you have just imported, you group by worklog, and then you can set the Account value worklog by worklog.

Hope this might help you or others.

P.s. if you have a lots of worklog records, than certainly you should use the so called "curl" solution. 

Suggest an answer