Importing CSV data problem

Michael April 17, 2019

So i'm importing a CSV file into my issues.  I have a single user picker field in Jira that holds data on users (username, full name, email).

When importing it only takes the data from the CSV if it is holding the user's username as the value.  However the bulk of csv files hold the user's email instead which throws an error when trying to import - is there a fix/workaround for this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

Hi @Michael 

Jira user pickers use the username as it is the unique identifier of a user. 2 users can have the same email for example an admin user may have a normal account for works not requiring admin permission and due to this have 2 accounts with the same email address.

Hence you would need to fix your CSV replacing email addresses with actual username first before importing the data.

Do search jira.atlassian.com to see if there is an existing feature request for this and if not you can raise one.

Cheers.

Michael April 17, 2019

Thank you for your response Ismael.

Suggest an answer