Import single project to Jira Cloud

Dawid Ankowski June 6, 2022

Hi. I received a request to import one project from external Jira Cloud which I don't have access, to my company Jira where I'm an admin.
I received a backup file with data, activeobjects, entities files.
In those files is information about the whole Jira, like user's info, avatars, etc.
So basically when I import it, it will create a new Jira Site or what is worst, it will overwrite the current Jira Site in my company. I would really like to avoid it ;)
So the question is - what is the proper way to import only one specific project from external Jira Cloud?

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

@Dawid Ankowski 

You will need to do a Jira cloud to Jira cloud migration.  You can follow the steps here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrate-projects-from-one-jira-cloud-site-to-another-779160766.html 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Dawid Ankowski if this answered your question can you please accept the answer to help others?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events