Impersonate a user to make API calls

Simon Baeck April 25, 2023

Hi,

Is there a way to make API calls on behalf of another user without generating a API key for each an every user in my Jira environment?

Currently I am using the Jira Cloud platform API to create issues through my own full stack application (angular & .NET) with the API. I am also using Azure AD to authenticate users on my application, once access is granted we (currently) manually register new users in Jira with their Microsoft accounts. Which until now works like it is intended, the only problem I am facing now is that whenever I want to create an issue it sets the creator of that issue to the user who generated the API access key. The creator should be the user that is currently signed in on my application.

I discovered that for Jira Service Desk API there was a parameter you could add to a request like so:

"raiseOnBehalfOf": "email@domain.com",

Which I assume would sets the creator of an instance to that user and not to the user who generated the API access key.

Suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi,

Welcome to the community

It's seems that is not possible, you can vote for this feature request open here

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AC-1080

Suggest an answer