If we use Korean, we cannot use monospace fonts.

서병호_Byoung Ho Seo_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

If we use Korean, we cannot use monospace fonts.
When creating a description while using JIRA software. or. When previewing a file.

You can see it by testing it with the file in the following link. It gets crooked.

Test file link:
https://github.com/dsrdan/dsrdan/blob/f3d19a2a035f6707d9aa8780795f14b977c9779e/%EA%B3%A0%EC%A0%95%ED%8F%AD_%EA%B8%80%EA%BC%B4_%ED%85%8C%EC%8A%A4%ED%8A%B8.txt

This should output something like the following image, if the normal "monospace fonts including Korean" are supported.

image.png

However, JIRA software does not. It is output as shown in the following picture.

image.png

In the category of "Monospace fonts including Korean",
There are "Dotumche", "Gulimche", "D2Coding", "NanumGothicCoding", etc.,
but among them, the only proper "fixed width font containing Korean" is "NanumGothic Coding". (NanumGothicCoding)".

You can see why by looking at the text in the test file link.

In Google Docs, NanumGothicCoding font is supported.

JIRA software is a solution widely used in software development organizations, so shouldn't it support "fixed width fonts including Korean"?

One line summary:
Can you support NanumGothicCoding font?

1 answer

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Hi @서병호_Byoung Ho Seo_ welcome to the community.  I didn't find any issues on Atlassian's Jira Site regarding this issue.  It's possible I may have missed it.  It may be worth having your System Administrator contact Support to see if they have a solution for you.

서병호_Byoung Ho Seo_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Thank you for answer.
But now this problem is not just ours,
This problem applies to all Korean users.
Atlassian operates a business targeting software development organizations, but there is a problem with the lack of proper support for “monospace fonts,” which are an “essential element” in software development.
As written in the main text, this is of course supported in Google Docs as well.
This is by no means a trivial issue, and “monospace fonts” are a “very important” part of “software development.”
Atlassian will need to provide timely support for these issues.
Additionally, as written in the main text, currently the only “complete monospace font including Korean” is the “NanumGothicCoding” font.
You can test by setting the test file included in the text link to various fonts.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events