If a user is working on one project and the project is completed. So If i want to add/assign to another project how can I do it.

1 answer

0 votes

There isn't really any question here, it's almost answered itself

Project completion is not a function in Jira, it doesn't matter, so:

• Add them to the project(s) you want them to be in
  • Remove them from the project(s) they should not be in

Not quite. The assignee is not "invalid" at all. If you remove the user and they have assigned issues in the project, it will NOT cause any technical problems. All that happens is that if you try to change the assignee, you will not be offered that user any more. It may cause a minor process problem - for unresolved issues, you probably want to reassign them to other users who will continue to work on the project. So it's worth looking at the list of *open* issues they are assigned to when you remove them from the project.

Jose has included a few specific situations there. In general, as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] said, you can add users to the desired projects via either Project Roles (preferable) or groups. It really depends how you've constructed your permission schemes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,108 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you