If I migrate our project from next-gen to classic, will the data in the next-gen project remain?

Andrew Paterson June 11, 2019

We're looking at migrating our project from next-gen to classic to access some of the old features that we need such as fix-versions.  But I'd rather not have to migrate and then migrate back again if we change our minds about using the next-gen project.

So my question is, is it possible to, rather than migrate our data, duplicate our data into a classic project so that the next-gen project is untouched?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2019

You might consider looking at this addon. While I do not have personal experience w/ it I have heard good things. I do not know if it support NG projects however. Deep Clone for Jira

Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2019

Edit: Next-gen support added, see next post.

Thanks for mentioning our app Deep Clone for Jira @Jack Brickey 

We're already supporting next-gen projects as much as possible and will release an update soon, allowing to cover more advanced use-cases like cloning an Epic along with all of its issues in a next-gen project.

I'll update this thread as soon as this has been released. Let me know if there are any issues using next-gen, we're keen to support next-gen as well as classic projects!

Ben Romberg - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

Update: We've just released next-gen compatibility! Let me know if anything doesn't work as expected.

Suggest an answer