If I migrate my Server to Cloud, will the inactive users of my groups with access to a product?

Rubén León Herrera August 11, 2022

Hello, my name is Rubén, in my company we are migrating a jira server to jira cloud. We have a total of 99 active users in server and 100 licenses for users in Jira cloud, we have found out that inactive users will become active but without billing product, what we have not found out is if we have a group configured so that if a user belongs to it, will have access to a product billing. Inactive users of that group, when migrated will become billed or will remain active but not billed? This question is important because we only have 100 licenses, the moment we exceed that number due to a migration problem, they are paid licenses that we will not use. Then we need to know if when migrating the groups, these will not make the users belonging to start billing even if they are inactive premigration.

Thanks you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Rubén León Herrera welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Any deleted users or users in inactive directories that are referenced in your Jira data will appear as Former user after migration. If you need to migrate the references to these users, reactivate them (or the directory) before migrating.

Users with disabled status in your Server site will be migrated as active but without any product access. This means they will not be counted as active Jira users for billing purposes. Learn about how users are managed in Cloud.

Rubén León Herrera August 11, 2022

Thanks you @Dave Mathijs 

I understand, then it means that the inactive users that belong to a group in my Jira Server, will continue to be in the group as active but without billing the product of the group?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Correct

adginfotech
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Will the inactive users be notified when we do a production run.  We have about 200 inactive users in JIRA server but when we migrate them to Cloud, they dont have any access but I also want to make sure they are not notified when we do a production run.

0 votes
Naga Behara August 22, 2023

If we perform a clean-up of inactive users prior to migration, what implications might arise for the historical Jira data associated with these users? Will the migration of this data proceed seamlessly, or are there potential issues to consider

Suggest an answer