IQL - Filter Object Question

Attila Gillioz April 1, 2021

Hi,

I'm new to the IQL syntax.

And i wanted to know : How to give the user only the rooms that are in the building he has selected using the IQL Filter objects.

Thanks for your respond :)

2021-04-01_17h39_40.png2021-04-01_17h39_59.png

2021-04-01_17h42_47.png

2 answers

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi, 

You should be able to do this by using a placeholder in the IQL filter. 

In the configuration for the Salles attribute, you can add the following IQL: 

Ecole = ${Ecole}

The left hand side of this condition should be the attribute name for the School reference in the Salles object type. 

The right hand side will insert the School you have selected in the object you are editing/creating. (Selecting no school and you will get no room to select.)

Attila Gillioz April 14, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but it's not working.

When i try to Creat an object and I select the School then the Room. The filed say "No Matches"

2021-04-14_08h15_50.png

Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

It should work... :)  Please double check the requirement for this to work: 

• Salle object type has an object attribute Ecole which keeps track on which school each room is located
    • This attribute is filled in for the rooms 
  • PCP contains object attributes for both Salle and Ecole
  • Salles attribute in PCP object type has IQL filter Ecole = ${Ecole}

Björn

Like Attila Gillioz likes this
Attila Gillioz April 14, 2021

Yes,

• Object type Salle has an attribute that links it to Ecole. And Say which room goes to which school (first picture).
  • PCP has Salle and Ecole that need to be fill in. (second picture).
  •  And the attribute Salles in PCP has the IQL filter Ecole = ${Ecole}. (third picture).

2021-04-14_10h43_44.png2021-04-14_10h47_41.png2021-04-14_10h52_33.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hello Attila - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You cannot do that natively in Jira Cloud. You can have nesting/dynamic field values using an add-on like ProForma Forms. 

Attila Gillioz April 1, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for your quick repsond !

I just finishied work :( I'll tried your solution ASAP

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer