I would like to create a report that allows me to check original estimates (not story points)

Claudia Pizarro Videla May 11, 2023

Hi all!

I need to create a report in Jira that will allow me to have a complete view of all our projects and all our members, both for original estimates and logged time on all the issues that are planned sprint by sprint. So far the only report I've found is the one of planned vs logged but is based on planning time, not actually setting the original estimate field on each task.

The goal is to understand how hours are spent during the sprint.

Thanks in advance,

Clau

4 answers

1 vote
Michał Kowalewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Claudia Pizarro Videla ,

This is Michał from SolDevelo company and I'd like to show you an app that our team developed for creating reports for Jira time logs.

The report can show you all projects, users, logged time, original estimates, different sprints etc.. There are many possibilities how you can filter the report and what’s the best is that we constantly improve our app.

This is an example from the app:

image.png

The app is called “Worklogs - Time Tracking and Reports” and it’s very easy to use. The only downside with reference to your query is that the report does not provide a summed value for orginal estimates.

I encourage you to try our app because you don't pay anything for the first 30 days anyway. You can even try our interactive demo by going to this link

We are also happy to answer any questions about our application. Feel free to contact us by going to this link.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Michał

SolDevelo Team

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Claudia Pizarro Videla ,

If you are interested in how to get high-quality and informative worklogs reports, try using the Cost Tracker app developed by my team.

In it, you can generate time reports, and cost reports, manage company expenses, set hourly and billing rates for teammates, etc.

Here is a 30-day trial for you!

Example of report:

sprint cost.png

P.S. In this article, we explain how to estimate sprint cost. Perhaps this will be useful for you too.

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Claudia Pizarro Videla,

you might consider using time-tracking apps that in most cases have a customizable report of tracked time on issues.

I can recommend our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Pro app, which offers you the possibility to review timesheets and create reports that can be configured in various ways using break-down and filtering options.

It includes original estimates for each issue inside of a specific project/sprint.

Please find below the sample of how the timesheet looks like:

gif.gif

If you have any questions you can contact us via our help center.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Adeel Shoukat May 11, 2023

I Would recommend you to use Plugin EazyBi (https://eazybi.com/) which generate all type of reports and analytics for the Projects. Here the is solution link for Original Estimation calculation.

https://community.eazybi.com/t/original-estimate-hours-in-dimension/3749

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events