I would like to create a CNAME record that points to my JIRA portal

Benjamin Scribner May 29, 2019

I would like to create a CNAME record (ex. helpdesk.mydomain.com) that points to my JIRA Service Desk site.  I understand that the URL will change back to the typical JIRA URL, but I would like to have an easy / familiar URL that my clients and end users can remember.  Once they have accessed the site, I am no longer concerned with maintaining the CNAME URL.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

2 answers

0 votes
sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.We cannot configure seperate link for SD as it should same as Jira base URL.

Few workarounds.

1.Host a simple static HTML page with a proxy(apache or nginx) and configure SSL with the required CNAME.There you can put an href link to SD portal.

2.Put a redirection in of your jira proxy to redirect the required url to Jira sd link.This requires changing current proxy settings of Jira.

Jonathan Bradley January 16, 2020

That defeats the entire purpose of why you would want to use a CNAME

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

If you have a domain or sub-domain already you can just redirect it to your portal.  How to do this depends on who your domain host is.

Suggest an answer