I would like to Transfer all the JIRA tickets from my Customers JIRA into my companies JIRA.

Shady Ayoub Barros Lubbad December 6, 2021

The Customer has his own JIRa (free Version) with limted amount of people can be added, we decided to use our Companies JIRA (paid version), we can add everyone to the JIRA. but I don´t know how to move all the already created tickets.

can some one help me

P.S i am not the admin in JIRa, but i am the admin in my project.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hello @Shady Ayoub Barros Lubbad 

Jira has a CSV import capability for issues that is available to non-administrators, but there are limitations to that import methodology.

1. You can't set the Reporter during the import process. The Report is whomever is executing the import.

2. All imported issues have their Status reset to the first status of the workflow of the destination project.

3. You can't import the History information for the issues.

There may be additional limitations in the process depending on the type of the source project and the type of the destination project (Team Managed or Company Managed).

This process imports only issue data. You have to do the work up front to configure your destination project so that it can accept the incoming data. That may require creating new issues types, modifying the workflow, or creating custom fields. If you are working in a Company Managed project, that type of work can be done only by a Jira Administrator.

And this is all predicated on the assumption that the customer is willing and knowledgable to export their issue data to the CSV format.

0 votes
Joseph Hani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

If you are not admin Jira you might be blocked somehow at a certain step. Probably even at the first step of exporting. 

You can export from the Jira free version and import the project into your Jira Paid version but you will have to configure it a little bit before. 

Here is a really nice tutorial that can help you :

https://ancaonuta.medium.com/how-to-migrate-a-jira-project-from-a-jira-instance-to-another-one-c774cbc04a1d

Shady Ayoub Barros Lubbad December 9, 2021

thanks

Suggest an answer