I want to show how many new projects were created in a Jira Dashboard widget

AJ Gilbert March 18, 2023

I had two native Jira display widgets I was using to show the number of tickets created in the past 7 days. Separately the number of issues placed into complete status over the last 7 days. I don't want to use the graph to highlight the created/resolved graph.

If I use a filter, then create Issue statistics I know I can create one number, however it also shares the status and percentage. I only want to show the count.

2 answers

1 vote
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

Hi @AJ Gilbert

You can create a filter and use it in the "Filter Count" gadget in the Jira dashboard to get the total number of issues only. The process is available here 

download (4).png

AJ Gilbert March 18, 2023

This is exactly what I remember, thanks for sharing. My issue is "Issue Count" is no longer a dashboard gadget I can select. Could I have disabled that from use somehow? It does not appear in my list of 32 available gadgets to add.

Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2023

Hi @AJ Gilbert the Gadget that @Najm Polaris mentions is the 'Filter Counts' gadget which is only available if you (also) have Jira Service Management. 

There is a feature suggestion that you can vote on: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67612

There are Marketplace Apps that will extend Jira with extra gadgets, such as https://wiki.qotilabs.com/rich-filters-cloud/user-guide/reference/working-with-rich-filter-gadgets/the-rich-filter-smart-counter-gadget

Have a nice day! Rik 

Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

@AJ Gilbert it doesn't even show up when you search in the gadgets? You then need to reach out to atlassian as these are always supposed to be available. There is no option to turn them off as far as I know. 

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2023

Hi @AJ Gilbert and a late welcome to the community!

I just want to add that our Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards app also has our own version of the Filter Counts gadget as Quick Filter Counts. I know, not very creative, but we try to provide our customers with the known features of the Atlassian gadgets but with our own enhancements. Primarily, the integration with our Quick Controller and the ability to quickly change the filters for your dashboard gadgets, but for example in Quick Filter Counts we also added some additional icons, so you can customize your dashboard even more.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_filter-counts_custom-icons

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events