I want to search for Jira Service Management issues using JQL in automation.

keisuke1.shimizu April 17, 2023

We would like to trigger the completion of an issue in Jira Software to automatically complete the related issue in Jira Service Management.

The Jira issues are registered so that they are automatically created when an issue is created in Jira Service Management.

Also, the issue.key in JiJira Service Management is stored in the environment field.

I can't figure out the steps to search for a Jira Service Management issue based on the information in the environment field of a Jira issue and access the corresponding issue. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me more about this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hello @keisuke1.shimizu 

You can use the For Branch / Related Issue / JQL option to retrieve the related JSM issue. Your JQL would look something like this.

issue = {{triggerIssue.environment}}

Within the branch you can then take actions against the issues retrieved by the branching action.

However, in order to set up an automation rule triggered by an action in Project A, and then take an action on an issue in Project B, you are going to have to have a Global Automation Rule that has both projects listed in the Rule Details Scope. Global Automation rules can be created only by a Jira Administrator.

Suggest an answer