I want to remove email blocks/bounces of our domain. Some of our users do not recieve notifictions

Barcelo [Administrator] May 17, 2021

We have seen there are some of our users that are not recieving email notifications and saw in other issues (JSDCLOUD - 7933) that it could be solved by removing blocks/bounces from atlassian side (our domain is barcelohr.atlassian.net)

I saw the workarround is to ask to Jira Support to do that because is something we cannot do by our side.

Can you check a remove the block/bounces? Thanks in advance. Regards!

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hello @Barcelo [Administrator],

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, the users are for different domains. In order to remove the bounces, we use the email domain and not the Cloud URL.

I was able to remove all bounces for the main domain (the same you are using here in the community) and also from other domains.

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [DB5EUR03FT015.eop-EUR03.prod.protection.outlook.com]
550: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I see that you created a ticket with our support, so since there are 235 active users on the site, please, add on the ticket the email addresses of the affected users.

Since I already removed the bounces from some of the domains, please, confirm if the users are still facing issues and if so, share in the ticket their email addresses. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Josep Miquel Garcia Rodriguez July 8, 2022

Hi Angélica,

we have the same problem. Some users did not receive email notifications. 

I saw the workarround is to ask to Jira Support to do that because is something we cannot do by our side.

Can you check if there is a block/bounces? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Any specific reason why you cannot open a support call? (https://support.atlassian.com/contact)

i've escalated this question to support to take a look here but a true support call would be better :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Agree with Dirk - I just had to submit one for one of our users on Friday. The user's email has to be de-blacklisted by Atlassian support (if that is the problem). 

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events