I want to list the voters in a report, not just the number of votes.

Nancy Latimer March 11, 2021

I am using voting to prioritize the backlog. I want to list the voter names in the report. I'm using this filter

project = ENGPGB AND status = "to do" order by votes

I'd like the report to include the voter names. It isn't an option for the columns. When I open a specific issue and MORE, I have an option to see voters. Can I add voters to my filter somehow?

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

Hi @Nancy Latimer 

If you have one of the versions of Automation for Jira, you may to do this with automation rules.  There is a free version (lite) for Server also.

For example, this would list the voters as a comma-separated list for an issue: 

• Voters: {{#issue.voters}}{{displayName}}{{^last}}, {{/}}{{/}}

And the vote count would be:

• Votes: {{issue.voters.size|0}}

To learn more about automation rules, please look at these sources:

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Hello @Nancy Latimer 

That is not currently supported, but there is a request in Atlassian's backlog about it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-45952

When I did a google search for "jira list voters" I found a few links that seemed to indicate other ways to get the list of voters for an issue. There is this community post that talks about using the API.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/JQL-Is-it-possible-to-get-the-list-for-each-voters-for-the/qaq-p/521403

And there were links to YouTube videos posted by ScriptRunner (an app you can purchase to add to your JIRA server) about getting voter lists and counts. 

Nancy Latimer March 11, 2021

Bummer that isn't supported. I'll see if our IT folks can help me with that API workaround.

Suggest an answer