I want to know how to create sub task as quick filter to show my report

umme_mariya123 June 2, 2021

I want to include subtask in my dashboard report and in progress section of scrum board

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Ok, there's three things in this question, not one.

• I am not sure what you mean by "create sub-task as quick filter".  My best guess is that you are looking at a board and want to have a toggle to show/hide sub-tasks - this is based on your mention of a "quick filter", because that is what they are for.  I usually add a quick filter with the JQL of "issue in standardIssueTypes()" - when enabled, that would remove sub-task issues from the board display
  • A dashboard report can include sub-tasks, they're mostly not fussy about what the issue type is, and you can include whatever you want in the filters that drive gadgets (get lists of issues for the gadget to display).  It depends on which gadgets you have and what you set for their filters.
  • A sub-task is not a sprint-able item, they are not part of a scrum board as anything other than a part of their parent story.  The scrum board reporting reflects that, it reports on the sprint, not parts of stories in the sprint.  So, no, you can't include sub-tasks, because they do not matter to the sprint individually.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Hey Nic, I learned something new today with your first bullet. So standardissuetypes() excludes sub tasks? I was unaware of that, a nice little trick. Thanks!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Well, add me to the list of an old dog learning a new trick as well! Thanks for the info, Nic!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Yep, it's nice to not have to think about modifying filters every time someone adds/renames/kills an issue type!  subtaskIssueTypes() can be just as handy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events