I want to know how I can craete a dependency between subtasks

soheila sarabandi December 23, 2021

If I want explain it with an example , I can say , Is it possible to wait starting subtask B when Subtask A has Done Status,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @soheila sarabandi ,

Your requirements are not described very clearly, but I feel that Jira automation should be able to cover your needs.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

soheila sarabandi December 26, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan 

thank you

I meant for example I have 3 subtasks (Subtask A,SubtaskB,SubtaskC) related to a story, and I want to know How I can create  a Finish to start relation between Subtasks

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

#1: Am I understanding correctly that you are trying to prevent a status change to "In Progress" for SubtaskB if the status on SubtaskA is not set to "Done"?

#2: Or are you trying to automatically set SubtaskB to "In Progress" when SubtaskA is set to "Done"?

Jira does not have a built in feature for either of these. #2 could be accomplished with the Jira Automation feature, possibly. #1 might be able to be accomplished through customizations of the workflow that applies to Sub-Tasks, if you are using a Company Managed project. Customization of workflows for Team Managed projects do not yet support having different workflows for different types of issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events