I want to generate automatically a build when i "Release" a specific release.Is it posible?

manuel angel Loureiro June 7, 2019

I have  a configuration in which i use:

-Jira for Managing  and Gobernance of the overall project

-I have Bitbucket as Repository

-I plan my project with two versions, each of them including specific issues.

-When i have a minimum set of issues solved in Jira, i decided to "Release" one of the versions. 

- I have my Jira issues linked to Bitbucket.

==> Is is posible to trigger a merge in Bitbucket. I know for the documentation that it is posible with Bamboo.. I want to confirm thai with BitBucket it is feasible

2 answers

0 votes
manuel angel Loureiro June 7, 2019

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I will try myself with the documentation you provided me.

Have a good day and thanks again!!!

Manolo

manuel angel Loureiro June 10, 2019

I was trying to trigger   from my jira account  action towards  a bitbucket server, but i  am not able to do it.

I  have both jiracloud and bitbucket server linked, but i am not able to asociate a jira issue to a bitbucket repository. 

Can somebody help me??

Thanks

Manolo

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

Hello @manuel angel Loureiro 

"Is is posible to trigger a merge in Bitbucket. I know for the documentation that it is posible with Bamboo.. I want to confirm thai with BitBucket it is feasible"

Yes, it's possible, you can trigger a REST call to the below REST endpoint of Bitbucket to trigger the merge of the pull request, but you need to know the pull request ID. This information is generally part of the development panel of the Jira issue.

https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/5.16.0/bitbucket-rest.html?utm_source=%2Fstatic%2Frest%2Fbitbucket-server%2Flatest%2Fbitbucket-rest.html&utm_medium=301#idm8287211200

Suggest an answer