I want to change screens for different issue types

Ayush Pathak April 19, 2024

I have created a project and on toggling the issue types I want to change the screen configurations also. If that is possible let me know how can I do that I am new to jira. 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2024

Welcome to the community @Ayush Pathak 

It sure is possible to do! Let me explain. So, there are some prerequisites that need to be accomplished:

1. Create a screen - I would advise you to use copy the existing screen, since it will copy all of the fields from the existing screens, and also a good practice is to use your project key (you can find this if you got to Project Settings (cog) -> Details -> Key). When you create a screen, you will notice that under the Screen Scheme column, every screen has it's scheme. At first your created screen won't have it.

Note: You can add or remove the new fields within your screen if you search for them, when you have chosen your screen.

1. Create a screen scheme - Here, I would also advise you to copy the existing screen scheme, you will need to configure it, in order to connect your freshly made screen with this screen scheme - mostly all of the things like workflows, issue types, screens, etc. are connected through their schemes that are being applied to their respective projects. When you make your new screen scheme, you will notice that it is using the Default Screen - this is generated automatically by Atlassian at the very moment you have created your site. To change this, you would need to look for three dots and click on Configure. On the right side, below the Actions column, click on Edit. Go ahead and choose your screen that you have made. Good! It should look something like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 16.12.48.png

3. Create the issue type screen scheme - To save you some time, you can choose to copy the existing issue type screen schemes, and the issue types that you don't want to use, you can delete them clicking on the Delete option from the Actions column. In issue type screen schemes, you would need to do two things:

• Choose your screen scheme by clicking on the Edit option from the Action column and selecting your screen scheme that you have created from above
  • Click on the associate an issue type with a screen scheme - you will be asked to select an issue type and also your screen scheme - you can create multiple screen schemes from the steps above and issue each issue type with a different screen scheme - good practice is that for each screen scheme and screen to define the name of your issue type, for example: KCM: New Feature Screen and KCM: New Feature Screen Scheme

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 16.20.42.png

This is from my example, you can adjust it by your needs of course! 

Final step is to apply all of this on your project. To accomplish this:

1. Within your project, click on Project Settings, then Screens
  2. Within your Screens click on Actions and choose Use a different scheme
  3. Choose the issue type screen scheme that you have recently created

Your answer was extremely helpful Perisic. Thanks a million!

Like Perisic Nikola likes this
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2024

No problem!

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi Ayush - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can create different screens for different issue types on your project. 

First copy the existing screen and name it something so that you can identify it easily. 

Then create a new screen scheme and use the screen you just created as the Default.

Now edit the Issue Type Screen Scheme used by your project. Add a new Issue Type and select the Screen Scheme you just created. 

Follow that procedure for all new screens for all issue types that you want to have separate screens for. 

Your response was extremely helpful John. Thanks a million.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

You are welcome.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events