I wan to manage users and groups without site admin access in Jira Cloud?

Venkata November 27, 2020

I don't want to give Site-Admin access to any one but one of my team mate should manage users and group with out Site-Admin access? 
Please suggest me the best way to do it or suggest any add-ons for full fill my requirement. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2020

Hello @Venkata,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to user management, it's necessary that the person is added as a site-admin. That's the only group that gives access to the menu and allow them to manage users and groups.

There are no workarounds or add-ons to allow this, the user must be added as a site-admin.

Regards,
Angélica

Venkata November 28, 2020

Hi Luz,

Thanks much for quick reply..!!

Can we restrict (Site-Admins) people for only adding or managing users and groups.. but they never touch remaining below options:

1)Billing

2)Manage subscriptions

3)Discover new products ...etc

They should be access in users and group options in admin.atlassian.com.

My Case:

I am a Jira Admin and I have site-admin access. I don't want to bother about Licensing but I should be able to manage users and groups and I dont want  to see Billing activity's.

Please suggest best way to full fill my requirement(Jira Cloud).

Regards,

Venkata 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2020

Hi Venkata,

The "site-admin" group is a system group and it's not possible to change its permissions. Anyone added to this group will be able to see everything on the User management page. 

It's possible to add someone as a Trusted user, but the only permission for this role is to add new users, it's not possible to manage them or groups. 

Like Venkata likes this
Venkata November 30, 2020

Thanks Luz

Like Angélica Luz likes this
ChandraPrakash May 3, 2023

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Is there API in Jira where we can use to add users in a group?

Regards,

Chandra Prakash.

1 vote
Raby Hampton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2023

Creating user groups to be used in filters and apps is very useful. Frustrating that its tied to System admin controls.  The comments above 3 years ago are spot on. Producers would love the ability to use a group feature that is not tied to all the other stuff. 

Please add group feature to Filters and allow apps to see them, please.  

Thank you

Raby

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events