I've stopped receiving email notifications

Gene Limbrick December 6, 2019

I've been through all the settings and reset them multiple times, not sure what else to try?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Gene Limbrick 

Can you verify with your IT department that the emails are not getting blocked on your server? Sometimes they can get classified as spam.  Also, check the email address in your profile to make sure it is correct. 

Assuming the email address is correct and they are not getting marked as spam, try setting them up to go to a personal account by switching your email address. That will tell you if it is on the Jira side or on your IT side. 

And one more...Check to see if others are getting notifications. If so, add yourself to their group and notification scheme. That should indicate if the problem is with the notification scheme you are using. 

Hope this helps, 

Scott

Gene Limbrick December 6, 2019

IT assures me e-mails aren't being blocked this end. I switched my email account to a personal one and a notification came through though so I'm not sure. We went through all the email rules, filters, spam folders, everything, and there was nothing that would stop them coming through. 

I did see another thread about this same issue where something had flagged an e-mail address as undeliverable, so it was reset on the Jira end, could this be it?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-stopped-receiving-email-notifications-abruptly/qaq-p/1214299

Not sure how to add myself to someone elses group and notification scheme.Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 18.00.26.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events