I unable to edit or save Issue Filters or Dashboards that I create.

David Sierra May 12, 2021

Although I have Admin access to the Company's project, I'm unable to edit or save Issue Filters or Dashboards that I create.  It looks as if I missing some permission rights or role to enable me to do this.  Has anyone dealt with this issue and resolved?

Please advise... Thanks!

--david

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

When you say you're unable to edit or save issue filters, what does that look like to you?

You don't see this when you're in the filter screens?   Just clarifying before I try to narrow down what might be going on. 
As an admin you should have access to the Global permissions and filters sections (System settings) - but off the top of my head, I am not sure why you would be unable to edit your own filters, especially as an admin.

chrome_2021-05-12_09-59-20.png

On the Issue Filter, I created an Issue Filter called "Test Filter", it let me save it one time but when I go to 'Edit' it, there's not a "Save" button to save the edits. Same for Dashboards...Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 10.14.14 AM.png

There is not a way to  for me to Save my own Edits as I create these items.  Also I should add that I want the Corporation to be able to see these items.

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

Gotcha!  You'll want to find the Global Permissions section of the System settings - there you can scroll to the bottom and grant permissions to a group/role - I think there is one you're missing (the one above what I am highlighting here) :

2021-05-12_10-34-49.png

Got it!! Thank you!

Suggest an answer