I need to query a next gen project and pull all issue types including sub-tasks into a single query.

Marc Thames October 16, 2019

I need to query a next gen project by Epic/parent and pull all issue types including sub-tasks related to the epic into a single query so I can calculate velocity.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc Thames October 17, 2019

I think I got it: 

parent=RM-130 OR subtaskOfQuery="parent=RM-130"

I can take this query, export it out and manually calculate velocity. Not great, but, hey, it'll work until nextgen reports can handle subtasks.

Jason Bemis September 18, 2020

I can't get this to work.

I don't know jql well at all, I am using Next gen on the cloud.  but when i use

Field 'subtaskOfQuery' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

permission should not be a problem.

I guess my question is, does this still work for you, and can you provide any more details on how you got it to work?

Like akiselyov likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Well you could simply use project = myproject which will return all issues. You can tweak from there. 

Marc Thames October 16, 2019

Hi Jack. Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I should've clarified: I meant I need to pull the subtasks and issues by Epic/parent. Since epics are treated differently in nextgen projects, my same ol' queries for normal projects don't seem to be working. For example, using the JQL subQueries plugin, here's a query I'm trying to run:  

project="RM" AND parent=RM-130 OR parentOfQuery="\"parent\"=RM-130"

I do get all of the stories and tasks, but no subtasks are returned.  :( 

Suggest an answer