I need to make a field date called 'Deployed at' not cloneable.

Dave Hattig November 13, 2020

I need to make a field date called 'Deployed at' not cloneable.

I am new to Jira and any well explained assistance would be appreciated. Problem is when an issue is cloned, the deployed at date should not come across. That field should be a blank value.

Thanks you in advance for any suggestions.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hi Dave,

What you would need to do is implement some type of automation that Creates a new Issue and does not Clone the issue as Cloning will copy over every field. 

Or you could clone the card and immediately have an automation rule clear out the value of the field. 

Thank you for the reply! I like the sound of creating an automation rule to clear out the value.

I will research how to do this, unless you happen to have a link with instructions? Thanks again.

Dave

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

It depends on the tool you are using. Automation For Jira Lite is a free add-on that can be used. 

Others include JMWE and ScriptRunner which are paid add-ons. 

We do have ScriptRunner.

I was reading where a post function in the workflow could work for this. Do you think this may be an option.

Thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

Yes, it would be a post function on the transition to Done. 

I don't have ScriptRunner so not sure of exactly what the syntax would be, but I am sure their support folks could help you if you run into problems. 

Ahh figured it out finally. Thank you for your help with this. For the workflow attached to this project, I created a post function on the create transition to clear the 'Deployed At' field. So Basically a new creation obviously doesn't have a deployed at date yet, and when the clone is created, it clears that field. 

Hoping that works out ok and doesn't cause any other issues. Thanks again for the help.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2020

Great! Glad I could help a little. 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

Dave,

You cannot limit the date in such a way. I don't know if you've got any apps installed, but there are several  which can help you with  this. Basically, you need to clear out the value from Deployed after you create it. That's the only way. I'd check out Automation for Jira - Server Lite as a free option.  Otherwise, there are tons of paid apps which can help you with this. Here is  a search for  workflow enhancing add ons which can help you too.

Suggest an answer