I need to create queue for tickets created by employees of X organization

Szymon Pochopien June 14, 2022

Will this code be correct resolution is EMPTY AND creator - organizationMembers("X")

Please help and advice, Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Szymon Pochopien 

Your JQL query looks almost correct:

resolution is EMPTY AND reporter in organizationMembers("Organization name")

You can use reporter or creator (In Jira Service Management, quite often, agents raise a request on behalf of the Customer so probably "reporter" would be more suited)

Kind,

Piotr

Thank you Piotr!

Just to clarify the creator is an external user (customer, employee) and the reporter would be the agent acting on behalf of the customer (ex. Helpdesk agent(also employee however working in Helpdesk) creating an issue based on the customer request). Am I correct here

Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Well, another way around. The creator is the person who physically creates the ticket (you cannot change it directly from the Jira interface).

If the Customer creates the ticket himself, he will become its Creator and Reporter. When an agent raises a request on behalf of a Customer, the agent will become the issue creator and the Customer will become the reporter.

What a great explanation! Is there an option to book a private(around 1-hour) meeting session with you ask more questions(can be paid no problem) I just like the clear explanation you have provided.

Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

If you have more questions, which answers may help other community members, it would be more beneficial to ask them here. If it's not what you are looking for, you can find my social contact info in my profile.

Cheers, Piotr

Sure, If anyone can benefit, I will post a few others.

1. I need to view a list of all tickets where it is possible to meet the time to fast response SLA within the next six hours.

Not sure if my proposal below is correct:

"Time to fast response" < remaining("6h") AND "Time to First Response" != breached

2. I need to find all tickets where the SLA time to First response has run for more than six hours and is still running

Would this sort this out:

"Time to First Response" > elpased ("2h") AND "Time to First Response" = running()

Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2022

Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier.

As for your questions:

1. You are almost correct (some typo I believe). It should be:

"Time to First Response" < remaining("6h") AND "Time to First Response" != breached()

It will show all requests that may miss their goal in the next 6h but have not breached it yet.

2. It depends on how you interpret "running"

"Time to First Response" > elapsed("2h") AND "Time to First Response" = running()

This query will find all issues which SLA run for at least 2h and are still running. If their SLA will be paused, they will not show under this query. 

Suggest an answer