I need to activate a desactivete user, But the account is disable

Blanca Navarro March 24, 2021

This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organisation administrators to enable the account.-  Im the administrator but I cant activate this user.

How can I do it.

I just want him to access to trello, but he have to access via Jira.

Thanks

Blanca

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

Hello @Blanca Navarro,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that your domain has been claimed and you are the Org admin.

When a managed account is deactivated, to reactivate it again you need to go to admin.atlassian.com > Directory > Managed accounts. 

For more information, please check the section “Reactivate accounts” on the documentation below:

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Blanca Navarro March 25, 2021

Hi Angelica, thanks for your quick answer. 

The porblem is that the buttom to activate the user is not avilable.. So I cant revoke the desactivate account.

Thanls

Kind regards

Blanca

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Thank you for the details, Blanca. 

Can you please share a screenshot of this page with us? Just make sure to hide private information such as their email address and URL.

Is this user from the same email domain as you?

I was wondering if you were using SAML, but I don’t see Atlassian access associated with your site. If you were using SAML, what could be happening is that the user was deactivated from the Identity Provider. 

You can deactivate the Atlassian account for users from your verified domain in the identity provider.

When you deactivate users outside your verified domain:

• User is removed from group provisioned by SCIM
  • User could lose product access granted in the SCIM group
  • User has Atlassian site access

If they are from a different domain, so an administrator of another organization may have deactivated their account, and only they will be able to activate the account.

Blanca Navarro April 5, 2021

Hi Angelica, here is the screenshoot. The user still cant acced to trello. He is with the same email domain as me.

Thanks

[screenshot removed by moderators]

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

Thank you for the details, Blanca. 

I was able to find Willem’s account listed as deactivated on your site as well and then, that the domain gxxxxxn.com is verified on another organization where you are not the Org admin.

With this said, it’s possible that an administrator of this other Org deactivated Willem’s account.

Please, reach out to the owner of the gxxxxxn.com domain for them to reactivate the account.

Blanca Navarro April 6, 2021

Hi angelica

Im the administrator of the account. I cant reactivate the account or I dont see how to do it. 

Thanks

Blanca

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

Hi Blanca,

You are a site administrator of oxxxxxy.atlassian.net and Org admin of the organization Gxxxxxn where the domain oxxxxxy.com is verified.

Willem was a user on your site, but their account was deactivated because the domain gxxxxxn.com is verified on another organization where you are not the administrator.

Your account that has the same domain (blanca.x@gxxxxxn.com) is also deactivated because the administrator of the other organization did this.

Since community is public, I can’t share those private details here, that’s why I’m adding “x”. 

Please, check with Willem the sites they were a user and who were the administrators, so you can contact them to reactivate the account.

Blanca Navarro April 7, 2021

Hi Angelica

gxxxxxn.com is verified on another organization where you are not the administrator. Who is the administator of this organization, I suposse to be me.

We are the same company Oxxxxy.com and gxxxxx.com. In the begingig we where called Oxxxxy.com and since end 2019 gxxxxx.com

Thanks for your help

Blanca

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2021

Hi Blanca,

gxxxxxn.com is verified on another organization where you are not the administrator. Who is the administator of this organization, I suposse to be me.

There are 5 administrators on the organization where the domain gxxxxxn.com is verified, but none of them is you. You are the administrator of an organization where only the domain oxxxxxy.com is verified.

With this said, you don’t have permission to reactivate Willem’s account. You will need to reach out to the people that own the domain gxxxxxn.com.

We are the same company Oxxxxy.com and gxxxxx.com. In the begingig we where called Oxxxxy.com and since end 2019 gxxxxx.com

I understand that both companies might be related, but you only verified the domain oxxxxxy.com, so you have permission to activate and deactivate accounts from oxxxxxy domain.

0 votes
Blanca Navarro April 8, 2021

Hi angelica

Can you please said me who are those 5 administrator? 

Thanks

Blanca

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2021

Hi Blanca,

Since you are not an org admin of the organization where the domain gxxxxxn.com is verified and you are also not a user of any site where the 5 administrators belong, we can’t share their names. 

You mentioned that you are the same company, then you can reach out to the company’s IT manager and team, they must know who owns all the domains and share with your their names and emails for you to contact them.

From here, as I mentioned, what we can see and confirm to you is that you don’t own the domain gxxxxxn.com and you are not an administrator of the organization or site where the domain was verified.

Since you verified the domain oxxxxy.com, the best option would be to create a new email for Willem with this domain, so you can manage their account.

Blanca Navarro April 9, 2021

Hi Angelica

Im seeing that Im administratid of Gadgeon since Oct 2020 , but Im also disable.

Look to the attach.

Thanks

BlancaCaptura de pantalla 2021-04-09 091436.gif

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2021

Hi Blanca,

The Gadgeon where you are an administrator is an Organization, but it’s just the name of the organization, it doesn’t mean that you own the domain. The organization name can be changed anytime and it can be any name, it’s not related to the domains.

To be able to activate the account you should verify the domain, but it was verified by someone else on another organization where you are not an administrator.

You need to reach out to the person that owns the domain gadgeon.com. As you mentioned in another reply, you are the same company, so someone from the IT team should know who are the administrators.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events