I need a workflow validator to check if the Jira issue has at-least one pull request

Kiranped November 14, 2021

I need a workflow validator to check if the Jira issue has at at-least one pull request

I see we have a JQL search workflow condition to check the Jira issue has at least one pull request but I need a validator, how do I achieve it?

JQL Query : status != Closed AND development[pullrequests].all > 0

3 answers

1 vote
Ahmad Danial Mohammad {Appfire} November 16, 2021

Hi, @Kiranped .

May I suggest the usage of the JMWE Scripted (Groovy) Validator and verify that there is a value returned when you use this Groovy script?

issue.get("Development").pullrequest

From there, you can expand the requirement where needed.

jcasarrubias October 16, 2022

Hello @Ahmad Danial Mohammad {Appfire} 

Do you know if it works for Jira Cloud?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Kiranped  - not sure of the exact syntax for the pull requests, but since it looks like you are using JMWE, you might take a look at this previous post for something similar.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Workflow-condition-or-validator-on-development-panel/qaq-p/1086560

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2021

@Kiranped 

You will need a plugin.

Do you have ScriptRunner for Jira by any chance?

Best,

Fadoua

Kiranped November 18, 2021

Yes, I have

Kiranped November 18, 2021

Let me try and update. Thanks in advance :)

Tenzing Doleck April 17, 2023

@Fadoua any help here?

Suggest an answer