I need JQL for customizing Swimlane to group by Custom Field

Rita Carnes October 23, 2017

I cannot figure out how to group swimlanes by custom field.  I have a field called Customer and it has over 25 values.  I want to be able to collapse a swimlane down to see it in those 25 groupings.  Is the JQL that can do that?

2 answers

6 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

@Rita Carnes, the answer that @Gregor Kasmann_Actonic provided would work. However, having 25 swimlanes would be, IMO, less than ideal. But this is a personal choice.

You could also consider:

1. 25 boards - clean but a lot of boards to deal with. :-(
  2. 25 quick filters - efficient and results in single clean board allowing you to select which customer(s) you wish to view

Note, I personally would do #2 IF you are using the new UI L&F as it collapses the quick filters into a multi-select dropdown. At least this is the case for Cloud. See below for example.

dropdown_q_filters.jpg

3 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Just try to create filters for each "Customer":2017-10-23 22_52_27-TEST board - Agile Board - JIRA.png

Swimlanes:2017-10-23 22_54_21-TEST board - Agile Board - JIRA.png

Suggest an answer