I'm not receiving any direct message notifications with Jira Cloud <> Slack integration

PK December 31, 2020

I've connected the Jira Cloud Slack integration but I'm not receiving any notifications on direct messages when my name is mentioned or tagged or assigned.

2020-12-31_12-56-15.png

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2021

Hi @Peter Kao , welcome! 

You've understood how the feature is intended to work. The settings for this are all managed through Slack using /jira notify - and based on your screenshot it looks like it's enabled.

A caveat is that notifications shouldn't send for actions you perform yourself. If you assign yourself an issue, Slack should be silent. But if a teammate assigns an issue to you with the notifications in Slack enabled, you should receive a direct message from the Jira Cloud app.

If it's currently not working as I've described, first try the /jira notify command again and double-check that the events you're interested in are toggled on, and the Jira site it mentions is the one you and your team are working in. The integration can send messages from multiple Jira sites to your single Slack account. If that doesn't sort it out, let me know and we can take a closer look at your site.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

PK January 11, 2021

I can confirm that all settings under /jira notify are turned on but I am not receiving any notifications about tasks that pertain to me.

See here for a recording of a brand new task assigned to me but did not generate any Slack notifications.

2021-01-11_12-47-27.gif

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2021

Thanks for confirming @Peter Kao . Our development team has investigated and found an issue with the connection between Jira and Slack. We've taken some action to correct the problem and are monitoring now. If you are able to have a teammate make a change on that issue (such as mentioning you in a comment), that will help verify that the action on our end resolved the issue. Thanks!

PK January 12, 2021

Issue still persists unfortunately. Exact same results as before when an issue is assigned to me (by someone else).

PK February 5, 2021

Any updates on this @Daniel Eads?

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Hi! 

You need to go your Jira profile and check configs for your personal account

PK January 4, 2021

Where do I find those settings?

Here's a screenshot from my personal Jira profile settings page:2021-01-04_11-17-43.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events