I'm getting an Xray error and it says I need to reindex my project.

sandra.woodard January 27, 2021

We are getting this error on our X-ray test repository 

Invalid issues in Folder

Some of the issues in the folder are not of issue type Test. We recommend that you perform a re-index of the following project:

It says to reindex.  I'm not sure which option to follow.  Are there any risk with re-indexing?  Are there any precautions that we need to take before we do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Agustin Celentano June 5, 2023

A bug was raised, but not response yet.

https://jira.getxray.app/browse/XRAYCLOUD-6088

0 votes
Rawan Bardini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hi Sandra,

I have also see this error before and have done a reindex. I didn't have any issues doing so and it did resolve my issue.

I would recommend reading up on the Re-Indexing setting in the Xray User Guide if you would like additional detail. Please note this is for Xray Cloud, as Xray Server may have different documentation (you can navigate to it via the same link).

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Rawan

Amir Cohen July 11, 2022

i did reindex several times before but at the last time that i did that all the test that was under folders and subfolders moved to the root folder and this destroyed 3 years of working with the tool.

im currently trying to look for undo for the procedure

Rino Moen April 3, 2023

This still happens, but only for preconditions in our case. Anyone know if this is being looked at?

Like sharon_irvine likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events