I have a few uncertainties and I'm seeking assistance to resolve them. Thanks in advance

Jeevan Kumar K G April 29, 2024

1)When we create a ticket, it should be categorized under the "YET TO START" bucket immediately. However, the system defaults it to the Backlog status instead.

2)When a ticket is transitioned to the completed status, it fails to appear in the completed bucket on the Kanban board.

The workflow status for the project is as below

1.YET TO START

2.IN REVIEW

3.ON HOLD

4.AWAITING OLA APPROVAL

5.IN PROGRESS

6.REOPEN

7.COMPLETED

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Varsha Patil April 29, 2024

Go to board , Configure board (three dots on right top)

Select columns

Check : Map statuses to columns

1. "Completed" status should have been mapped to "Done" column(or "Completed" column).

2. Yet to start column should have been mapped to "Backlog" status. 

Can you provide image of map statuses to column section on configure board.

Hi Varsha,

Thanks for your help. I am very much appreciated.

Like Varsha Patil likes this
1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hello @Jeevan Kumar K G 

1. By default when you create an issue it will be set to the status that is indicated by the arrow that goes from the gray circle to a Status value, in the Workflow for that type of issue. Example:

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 10.48.48 AM.png

Can you provide an image of your workflow diagram?

With what type of project are you working? Get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page, which is available under the Projects menu.

Issues will show in the board columns based on the status the issue is assigned, and based on how the available Status values are mapped to the board Columns. If you click on the ... button above the board on the right and select Configure Board you should either immediately see a screen showing the Statuses and Columns, or you'll see options on the left where you can select Columns. Please display the Columns information and share a screen image of that with us.

Work flow status.PNG

Column board.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hello,

Unfortunately those are not the images we need.

We need the Workflow diagram that shows the statuses and the transitions between the statuses.

The method to get the Workflow diagram depends on the Type of your project. That was the second thing I asked for in my first response.

The third thing I asked for was the screen showing the mapping of status values to your board columns. What you provided was just an image of your board. I provided instructions for getting the status/column mapping. Were those unclear? The ... button I mentioned is visible in the image you provided in the upper right corner next to the Release button

Workflow diagram.PNG

Hello Truday,

Thanks for your response and i have shared the workflow diagram for your reference.

Kanban Board.PNG

Kanban backlog(2 issues) is unmapped, you may move this to "yet to start" if you wish to appear them on board or map it to "Kanban Backlog" column if you wish to appear them in backlog.

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thanks for your help regarding resolving the issue!

Very much appreciated!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2024

Hello @Jeevan Kumar K G 

If you want your issues to default to the status "Yet to Start", then in the Workflow diagram grab the end of the arrow from the gray circle going to "Kanban Backlog" and drag it to the "Yet to Start" status.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 2.58.09 PM.png

If you want to keep the Kanban Backlog status available in your workflow, you will need to add a Transition to it.

Regarding the issues moved to the Completed status not showing up in the "Completed" bucket on the board, we will need to see the portion of the Columns page that shows the Completed column. Is the "Completed" status mapped to that column?

If it is and the issue are still not showing up, then you should check the filter and subfilter for the board to see if they include criteria that would exclude those issues from displaying on the board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events