I have Free Subscription, I cannot pick workflow in my Project Settings. Why? How to enable it?

Dawid Tomkowiak January 23, 2020

In project seetings i have only: 

- details
- access
- issue types
- functions
- applications

Why there is no workflow settings, while
(https://admin.atlassian.com/s/532c6c4c-68ba-4d49-9e44-ccb5298feafe/billing/applications/change-edition/jira-software.ondemand)
here it says that in free version I can customize workflows

I just want to add workflow to my project.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Dawid Tomkowiak

You're in a Next-Gen project if these are the options you see - for Next-Gen, you can edit the workflow from the Board itself.

There's a "+" button in the column next to the last one, press this to add a column thus adding a status in the flow. The last column in the board is treated as "Done" so ensure that is in that column.

Classic Projects are similar - you can either:

• Go to the Board Settings > Columns and add statuses in here like in Next-Gen above
  • Go to Project Settings > Workflows and add existing workflows to your scheme - note this only comes with 2-3 workflows which you cannot edit.

Ste

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

I expect you are using next-gen project template which does not have workflows. It will say next-gen in lower left corner if so or you will see “Features” under project settings.

Dawid Tomkowiak January 23, 2020

Is there any option to make my project not next-gen? Or I have to move manually all my issues to the new project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

You can migrate from NG to Classic. It is not perfect but it works. Basically you create a new classic project to receive the issues and the move all issues to the new project.

migrate-from-an-next-gen-project-to-a-classic-project 

Suggest an answer