I got a message from Megan Cook, is this correct? not some kind of virus?

Victor Medina Jimenez August 24, 2021

I got a message from Megan Cook, is this correct? not some kind of virus?

image.png

4 answers

1 vote
M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi there, this one is legit but it’s always good to be cautious. I’m a real person who works at Atlassian as Head of Product for Jira Software Cloud. Myself and the team are keen to hear your feedback. 
I’m off now to get some human food. Beep bop. 

Stefan Beck June 15, 2022

Hi @M 

According to which criteria are the users contacted with such mails? One of our customers asked why he received this email...

0 votes
neranjan.v May 15, 2023

I had the same question. One of our users had reported the email from Megan thinking that is a phishing attempt. 

Thank you for the update. Gonna tell our users that this is a legit one.

Thanks!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hello @Victor Medina Jimenez,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is a legit email from Atlassian. I checked our internal documentation regarding this type of email and they are sent from noreply@atlassian.com and Megan is Head of Product for Jira Software.

If there is any information on the email header or the link on the “Take the survey” button is suspicious, feel free to share more details with us, but as far as we can see from the screenshot, it's from Atlassian and not a virus.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Looks legit to me. Megan Cook from Atlassian is the head of product for Atlassian software teams.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events