I do not see the Board Settings icon (...) in my Jira Cloud Kanban project

Deleted user July 18, 2019

I would like to organise swimlanes and other visibility features in my default Kanban board but I do not see the Settings option. I can only see Searcg, Assigned to Me, and Due this Week. I am an admin on the project.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

There are a couple of reasons for this. I expect you are looking at a default board on maybe a business project or similar. These default boards do not have board settings. Create a new Kanban board for your project to get full featured capabilities. If this is not a SW project be sure to select your profile as the “Location “. 

Deleted user July 19, 2019

Yes, it is indeed a business project and a default board.

I had created a custom Kanban Board and saw all the expected options. Now, is there a way to overwrite the default board for this richer board? If not, how do I go about having this custom board appear to any team member who enters the Project section? (besides adding a clunky board URL link)

Like Rémi Morlot likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2019

If you have Jira Software, you can create a board and tell it to include the issues from the business project, but you can't replace the business project board with it.e

Hunter Kiely June 7, 2020

I think I am having this same issue. Is it possible that the "board settings" was once there and then went away somehow?

Like Ankit Yadav likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events