I'd like to use the Roadmap features

raranzi June 29, 2021

I'd like to use the Roadmap features, for an existing Jira project, was following this article :  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap/  

but was not able to find the "more () in the top right corner > Board settings."

have it changed ? or it is enabled only for new project ? 

thank you,

3 answers

0 votes
Cyprien Autexier
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi Raranzi, 

I'm Cyprien with the Roadmaps team. Have you resolved your problem? Generally this can happen if you don't have the right permissions on the board. Are you a board admin?
You may try to add &config=roadmapConfig at the end of your board url to access the config. 

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
Cyprien

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

The link you referenced is for a Company Managed project, as noted in the blue block at the top of the article. If you are working with a Team Managed project, follow the link provided in that block to reference the article applicable to that type of project.

If that is not sufficient guidance, please provide us with a screen image of your board.

raranzi June 29, 2021

HI, thank you, this is a company-managed project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

Do you see the button labeled ... in the upper right corner of your board?

When you click on it, do you see an option labeled Board Settings?

raranzi June 29, 2021

Unfortunately i do not, Screenshot 2021-06-29 175834.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

If you do not see the ... button at the top of your board, then you probably are not an Administrator for that board. You will have to find an Administrator for that board and ask them to enable the Roadmap feature.

You can find that person by clicking in the Quick Search field and selecting Go To All: Boards.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.03.20 PM.png

In the resulting list of boards there will be a column listing the admins for each board. Find the board in question and contact the specified administrator for it.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

Hi @raranzi ,

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

Once you go to Board Settings, Roadmap will be a choice on the left hand side - not under the "more" menu. 

screenshot1.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events