I'd like to send any Automation transition errors to the issue assignee

Robert Mein July 20, 2021

As part of our automation, we are transitioning some issues whose workflows has some validators.  If the transition fails, the automation gives a "Some Errors"  status and includes some helpful information.

Transition Issue.png

Currently, the email about the failed transition go to the rule owner.  Instead, when the automation rule fails, I'd like to send an email to the issue assignee and include the Transition Issue error message.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

That option doesn’t exist. I assume this is because only the rule owner really can make changes to correct the situation. If the failure is predictable you could add a send alert email based on the failure condition possibly.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

Hi @Robert Mein 

Yes, and...to what Jack noted: there is an open suggestion to support one or multiple email addresses to receive error notifications: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-457

Best regards,
Bill

Robert Mein July 20, 2021

So, no way currently to get the status of the automation rule execution and if it fails, trigger an action?  Looks like sending an email is pretty easy with the automation rules, I just need to access the rule execution properties as part of the rule executing. 

Like a "do the work; then If RuleExecution.status = 'Some Errors' then send email to {{triggerissue.assignee}} where description = {{ruleExecution.comment}}" type of workflow?

Suggest an answer