I copy attachments when cloning an issue

Shruti Mittal May 13, 2020

Is it possible to copy the attachments  also while I am cloning the issue from one project to the another ? I am using Next-gen project on the cloud.

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2020

Hi @Shruti Mittal ,

With our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira it's possible to clone issues (including attachments) and move them to other projects while cloning.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support if you have questions or feedback.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hello @Shruti Mittal

Thank you for reaching out.

The default clone option of Jira allows you to choose if you want to include attachments or not, as you can see in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 16.45.34.png

However, it does not allow you to select a different project to add a new issue. We have a feature request to allow the project selection during the cloning process:

Deep copy an issue to the same project or a single project 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, the only option you have would be to move the issue after the cloning process. This would be the exact steps:

1. Navigate to the issue your want to copy > Click in the three dots at the top-right corner > Choose Clone
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 17.08.39.png
  2. Flag the option to include attachments and Clone the issue
  3. In the new issue created, Click in the same three dots at the top-right corner > Choose Move
  4. Follow the steps to move the cloned issue to the project you want

Let us know if you have any questions.

Shruti Mittal May 17, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves, Thanks for reaching out , I would also like to know about using automation in the cloning of an issue from one project to another . When I do the same , the attachments do not get cloned and show an error of Page Load error  on the cloned issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events