I clicked on the view issue details in sidebar. How do you change it back to pop-up?

m.landewee May 20, 2020

I changed this setting within an issue in the additional options. The option to change back isn't in the same place in the issue options when it's displayed on the sidebar. 

The option also doesn't appear for me in the board settings (it actually changed the setting for me on all boards on all projects).

I just want to change it back to pop-up instead of sidebar view. Can someone please tell me where I can find this setting?

The sidebar is convenient for most issues, but when one includes something like a table you can't read the text as displays 1 word per line. So I need to change it back for now.

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Johnny Hermann May 19, 2023

In a related problem, my experience with this "sidebar view" is that it will sporadically revert to the "dialog view", even though I always keep it in "sidebar view".  Very annoying.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@m.landewee - You can close the sidebar view, there's an x.

For search, you can switch to list view, by clicking on the button under tools.

m.landewee May 20, 2020

Thanks Ben, 

Not what I was after though unfortunately,

When clicking on the individual issue it used to open as a pop-up which was great! 

From within the pop-up I changed the setting to display as the side bar but doesn't display the info properly so I am wanting to change the setting so that issues open in the pop-up window again. 

Did you know how to do that by any chance? 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2020

I think I get what you are trying to describe. 

When you are on your board, what you did to get to the issue is you selected open issue in sidebar. You need to close the sidebar and select issue in dialogue. This will get your pop-ups back.

Let me know if this takes care of your issue. This should solve what you described.

Like m.landewee likes this
m.landewee May 28, 2020

Thanks Ben! That's what I was after and has now reverted back to opening in a pop-up which is perfect.

keith.smith August 27, 2020

Hi Bejamin,

I did the same thing, but where do I go to select the issue in "dialogue"

Thanks,

Keith

Adam Abrahami September 4, 2020

I can't find this either... any advice?

2 votes
Earl McKoon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2023

I know where to go to toggle on/off "open issues in sidebar" but for some reason it keeps reverting back to "on" multiple times throughout each day. This has just started happening the past couple days. Anyone know how to keep it from changing back on me?

0 votes
m.landewee September 6, 2020

Jira Board - Issue View.PNGFrom the board itself I changed this setting - Open Issues In Dialog. To back to sidebar, change back to Open issues in Sidebar.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events