I cannot edit and rename a sprint

Fakhfouri Vahid February 12, 2021

Hi

I'm trying to Edit and rename a sprint. When I click Update, nothing happens.

Please help.

image.png

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fakhfouri Vahid February 14, 2021

It was apparently a bug that was resolved on February 13th 2021. I can now edit my sprint names.

3 votes
Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

That looks like a genuine bug @Fakhfouri Vahid - you would probably be better raising it directly with Atlassian support.  Although some member of the community may surprise me yet!

1 vote
Adam Mihlfried _ZOLL Account_ February 12, 2021

Same thing here. Checked the console seems to possibly be  a JavaScript error . I tried FF, Edge, Chrome for the heck of it

commons.0686f7e05a9f74ff93ee.8.js:sourcemap:556 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
at a (batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&feature-enable-ip-allowlisting-alerts=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&locale=en-US&sd_operational=true:1516)
at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&feature-enable-ip-allowlisting-alerts=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&locale=en-US&sd_operational=true:1516)
at HTMLButtonElement._onclick (batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:3493)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:28)
at HTMLButtonElement.s (batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:28)
at HTMLButtonElement.a (commons.0686f7e05a9f74ff93ee.8.js:sourcemap:556)
a @ batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&feature-enable-ip-allowlisting-alerts=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&locale=en-US&sd_operational=true:1516
(anonymous) @ batch.js?agile_global_admin_condition=true&feature-enable-ip-allowlisting-alerts=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&locale=en-US&sd_operational=true:1516
_onclick @ batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:3493
dispatch @ batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:28
s @ batch.js?jag=true&locale=en-US:28
a @ commons.0686f7e05a9f74ff93ee.8.js:sourcemap:556

I made a comment on a related JIRA item https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21207 (I cannot open a new JIRA case there)

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Seems there are too many members facing this issue. The steps I tried and worked out is in my original post. But, sorry to hear that the same didn't worked out for you all.

I believe, the only option at this moment is to reach out to support or hear out from other community leader's with alternate resolution steps. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Laci Kremer February 12, 2021

Same here. Logged in to another browser. Didn't work. Have admin and manage sprints permission. No special characters. 

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Fakhfouri Vahid welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I believe this renaming issue happens randomly. I tried the below which resolved my issue:

1. Logout and clear browser cache.

2. Re-login in the same browser and try to rename the Sprint.

3. See you have the permission scheme enabled by your Jira admin to manage Sprints. If you were able to Rename Sprint earlier and not now, then it must be permissions issue.

Please check and update in this post.

Fernando Saavedra February 12, 2021

This isn`t workning

I often use this feature but now it is not working, in any browser

I did so @G subramanyam but nothing changed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events