I can't enter estimates for subtasks

I can't seem to add an estimate to my subtasks (using Greenhopper 6.0.1). I don't see any questions about this so I must be doing something wrong. (I see questions about subtasks not summing up to the parent story, so SOMEBODY is able to enter estimates for subtasks.)

I attached screen shot of the planning board detail for one story with subtasks. The "Rem." field is not editable and the edit dialog doesn't give me a place to enter it.

Here is a screenshot:

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can add the original estimate/remaining estimate at either the create subtask dialog or in the edit dialog. To do so just add the 'Time Tracking' fields using the 'Configure Fields' button (shown in the image below).

Thanks,
Shaun

I don't see those fields in Configure Fields: (also, having trouble getting my uploaded PNG to show up here)

Thanks, the field was turned off by my sysadmin.

I was able to add estimates for the task after I started the sprint. This does not seem correct, since it warned me when I started the sprint that effort estimate changes after the start of sprint would be considered scope changes

There is a way to add time tracking field on this screen. Go to configure fields and search for the same. It will give you reason and link to rectify the same.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,066 views 5 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you