I can't enter estimates for subtasks

Dennis Doubleday August 21, 2012

I can't seem to add an estimate to my subtasks (using Greenhopper 6.0.1). I don't see any questions about this so I must be doing something wrong. (I see questions about subtasks not summing up to the parent story, so SOMEBODY is able to enter estimates for subtasks.)

I attached screen shot of the planning board detail for one story with subtasks. The "Rem." field is not editable and the edit dialog doesn't give me a place to enter it.

Here is a screenshot:

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

You can add the original estimate/remaining estimate at either the create subtask dialog or in the edit dialog. To do so just add the 'Time Tracking' fields using the 'Configure Fields' button (shown in the image below).

Thanks,
Shaun

Dennis Doubleday August 30, 2012

I don't see those fields in Configure Fields: (also, having trouble getting my uploaded PNG to show up here)

Dennis Doubleday August 30, 2012

Thanks, the field was turned off by my sysadmin.

0 votes
Harsh Dadhich December 2, 2015

There is a way to add time tracking field on this screen. Go to configure fields and search for the same. It will give you reason and link to rectify the same.

0 votes
Dennis Doubleday August 21, 2012

I was able to add estimates for the task after I started the sprint. This does not seem correct, since it warned me when I started the sprint that effort estimate changes after the start of sprint would be considered scope changes

Suggest an answer