I can't create a Scrum board for my project

Phil Spender December 18, 2017

I have created a project with a simple workflow and default field layout.

The field list includes Sprint but I can't create a board, nor can I create a sprint. 

Is there any way to avoid having to create a new Scrum project ?

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

you certainly should be able to create a board and subsequently a sprint. Are you on Cloud or server? if on cloud an new UI do the following:

1. Click the magnifying glass (search)
  2. Find the sidebar section for Recent Boards and select View all boards
  3. Click the Create board button in the view all boards screen
Phil Spender December 19, 2017

Thanks Jack. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

0 votes
Sara December 18, 2017

Hello Phil,

If you don't want to create scrum project, you can use Basic Software development,  project management , etc project types.

Thanks Laxmi. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

You should be able to create board for any kinda projects. You can also create using JQL. Go to <base-url>/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa and click on create board on the top right corner. 

Make sure you have manage sprints/project admin permissions for the project.

Thanks Sri. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

Suggest an answer