I can't create a Scrum board for my project

I have created a project with a simple workflow and default field layout.

The field list includes Sprint but I can't create a board, nor can I create a sprint. 

Is there any way to avoid having to create a new Scrum project ?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You should be able to create board for any kinda projects. You can also create using JQL. Go to <base-url>/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa and click on create board on the top right corner. 

Make sure you have manage sprints/project admin permissions for the project.

Thanks Sri. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

Hello Phil,

If you don't want to create scrum project, you can use Basic Software development,  project management , etc project types.

Thanks Laxmi. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 18, 2017

you certainly should be able to create a board and subsequently a sprint. Are you on Cloud or server? if on cloud an new UI do the following:

1. Click the magnifying glass (search)
  2. Find the sidebar section for Recent Boards and select View all boards
  3. Click the Create board button in the view all boards screen

Thanks Jack. A board I had previously created had moved to my profile as it didn't belong to a specific project. It's all clear now!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,470 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you