I can't add due date to tasks

Tendril Developer February 14, 2018

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding out how I can add/modify the due date for tasks. When I go to edit/add due dates to tasks and subtasks the section is greyed out and I can't click it. 

From other questions that have been posted by other users to the forums, it seemed it would be a matter of having permission to make those edits. However, on the settings page, the "schedule issue" permission (Ability to view or edit an issue's due date) says that the following people should be able to make these "due date" edits:

Project role: Atlassian-addons-project-access

Application access: Any logged in user

Group: Anyone 

Am I assuming incorrectly that this setting should be giving any user as well as admins the authorization to make these task issues? What am I missing or not seeing?

If it helps I can send you some screenshots.

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Are you saying the actual due date field is greyed out and not editable? Here is a screenshot of my due that is certainly editable. I can click the calendar and select a date or enter a date manually. I want to ensure we are talking about the same field and where you are accessing.

duedate.png

Hi Jack! Exactly, greyed out and not editable. But it looks like we have a different set up..? Thanks!Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 3.48.05 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Ok so you are showing the scrum board Detail View whereas I am showing the actual Edit issue screen. However, when i mouse over the due date in the board detail view it has a pencil icon allowing me to edit. Can you actually go to the edit issue view and see if the Due Date field is displayed and whether you can click on the calendar and choose a date?

Like Benoit Anger likes this
vimal_upadhyay April 3, 2020

i am using default (suggested) template, nowhere i can see due date field, how can i enable it? i tried lots searching for it

Like Colin MacMurtrie likes this
0 votes

So when we go to the "edit issue view" the due date field is not displayed. And its not an option to add in configuration. Also, when I search for my field, its says "it is not present in the form you are viewing". Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 4.40.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-14 at 4.41.32 PM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2018

bingo...

the reason it is not editable is that it is not configured as a field for your project. If you are the admin then you simply need to add the Due Date to the Create Screen or Edit Screen.

Like # people like this

ahhhhh... I see it now, right in front of me, it was so obvious yet my eyes did not see it. 

thank you so much! have a great night!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2018

Glad I could help please be sure to accept the answer when you have time. 

Zahra Stavis April 9, 2021

actually if they could share how they found it. where is the create screen? i hate when people say what menu, but not what page to find that menu.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer