I can not easily create new issue in board that filters on assignee or label in project.

Kasper Peulen April 2, 2019

We have one project where 3 teams work on. We set this up in the following way.

We have one main board that covers all issues.

We have 3 team boards, that filters on all issues that are assigned to a team member or a special "team-x" user. Every team has one such user. We also thought about creating labels: team-1, team-2, team-3. But working with assignees seemed to work fine as well.

The team boards create independent of the other team sprints. In the main board we can see all 3 sprints. In the team board, only 1 active sprint is visible.

Now this all works fine, except that if I create a new issue on the backlog or the sprint view, you will always get this message:

issue xxx has been created but is not currently visible.

I think this could be solved if I could set the default assigned user for the board. Or if I could set an automatic label if an issue is created in the board.

If there is another way to solve this, I would love to hear this. All I want is setting something up so that I can work on 1 big project with 3 different team boards.

2 answers

0 votes
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Usually that means that the filters for the boards cannot pick up the issue you just created. Do you see the issue in the main board that covers all issues?

I can think of two ways to fix this. One of them you mentioned above, have your workflow automatically assign on create. The other would be to ensure the filter on your master board is not filtering them out, i.e. it is not looking for an assignee or team-x.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/your-issue-xxx-has-been-created-but-is-not-currently-visible-on-the-board-779158973.html

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

Hi Kasper - Welcome to the Community!

Typically that message from JIRA means that you have the Backlog function turned on. New issues create for that project/board will go immediately to the Backlog which is off of your board. Try clicking on the link for your Backlog to find your new issues. 

Suggest an answer