I can no longer automatically resolve my issue in my smart commit

Maria Campbell January 11, 2020

Hi,

Since I have updated to OSX Catalina, I can no longer resolve/close/done my issues automatically via smart commits. #time works, #comment works, but neither #done, #resolve, or #close works. Anyone else encountering this issue? And I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Hi @Maria Campbell,

It could be that your git config is using a different email address than the one registered in Jira.

If it is not the email address, please raise a support ticket and we can have a look.

Hi Lenin, No. They are the same. it is not a matter of different email addresses. it has been the same one forever. Where do I open a support ticket? Thanks!

Like Lenin Raj likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2020

Hi, I just went back in to my settings, including Github integration, and it seems that my smart commits have been disabled and I can't re-enable them. Why would that be? Something screwy is going on, because my commits in development have been showing up, but the app that I pay for every month, Git Integration for Jira Cloud, is not working. I really want to know what is going on here. The whole reason to use Jira is so that you can automate things, and not have to update manually.

Hi, I found my answer. Apparently things have changed a bit in Jira. I use the Github Integration app and their smart commits, and all of a sudden that was disabled because now you have to Enable Send Development Information to Jira Cloud in order to be able toEnable Jira Cloud Smart Commits & Workflow Triggers OR Enable Git Integration app Smart Commits in the Git General Settings Tab. I had been away from Jira for several months, so this change must have taken place during that time. Everything should work properly now.

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2020

@Maria Campbell 

Glad you got that sorted. Hopefully this post is useful for others who may encounter the same issue.

Like Maria Campbell likes this

Suggest an answer