I am wanting a table in Confluence to only show certain columns. This part I know how to do, however

Jason Chayer April 24, 2023

I am wanting a table in Confluence to only show certain columns. This part I know how to do, however, one of the columns is Priority. This new table I only want it to show projects with Priority 2-5, but not 1. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Jason Chayer ,

You won't be able to implement the case natively. But you may use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Reuse your table with the help of the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros and then filter the reused table using the Table Filter macro (the macro also allows you to hide certain columns besides filtration).

If you want to see a live demo of the case, please book a suitable time slot - we'll be happy to arrange it for you and your team.

Jason Chayer May 1, 2023

@Stiltsoft support - thanks for reaching out and showing me your add-on. I have found a work around for time being. It is not a high enough priority to add an app.

Like Stiltsoft support likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Jason Chayer

are you manually entering the data in the table or is it from a JQL from Jira?

Jason Chayer April 24, 2023

@Najm Polaris Manually entering the data into another table. I just want it to pull this table, but I could refine what columns I want shown and only those priorities.

Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2023

@Jason Chayer , 

Try the "/excerpt" command. Add a Excerpt Name on the right and then add any data in the excerpt box which you want to display on another page. The example below shows a table added to an excerpt box. 

On the other page where you want to display this table add the command "/excerpt include" and it will ask for the page and the excerpt name. This will pull the data. However, it doesn't provide to option to hide certain columns/rows. It pulls all the data. 

download.png

Jason Chayer April 25, 2023

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I do need it to hide certain columns/rows.

Suggest an answer