I am trying to add new team members to the existing project

Bamapriya Anbalagan May 3, 2021

I am trying to add new team members to the existing project as a project admin. It pops up a message that new members are added but their names are not showing up in assignee  and I can't assignee task to them.

I have troubleshooted in  all possible ways.

Can someone help me with this please.

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

I'm not sure if this is applicable in JIRA Cloud (because I am not responsible for inviting new users), but in JIRA Server the user wasn't considered completely "valid" until they logged in for the first time because it was during the first login that they automatically got assigned to the jira-software-users group. That group was used to grant users permissions via Permissions Schemes for projects (the equivalent of Company Managed projects in JIRA Cloud).

Can you confirm that the invited users have accepted their invitations and logged in to JIRA?

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Check the permission scheme for the Jira project and look at the Assignable User permission. Not sure if this applies to next-gen projects in Cloud though

Suggest an answer