I am trying to add categories to my task descriptions, I don't have any items listed in this field

Richard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

I see the Category field in the task, but there is nothing in there to select, I want to add a couple but haven't found out how to do that.  This is a new project which I started.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Hello @Richard 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

What is the Tye of your project? You can get that information from the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

There is a native Category field that is applicable to Business/Work Management projects. In that type of project you add values to the list by simply typing the value into the Category field in an issue.

Richard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

Following you directions I see Team-managed business.  I see that I have to the List view to add new categories.

Thank you.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
fdehne May 1, 2024

Hey @Richard 

when it's a customfield und you are an admin you could try adding values in the admin section >> issues >> Custom Fields.

See also the answer from Thomas here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-add-a-value-to-a-drop-down-list-new-product-model-when/qaq-p/586176?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events